Clambakes, Quahogs, Chowda and More!
Published July 28th 2017
New England fishing towns and ports, particularly those in Gloucester and New Bedford, are part of a thriving industry dating back to the 18th century. Today, New England seafood continues to reign supreme. Just as New England waters are known for their bounty of some of the best fish and seafood from the Atlantic, Chef Dave Nevins is just as well known for his preparations of these Northeast delicacies. Chef Dave originally made a name for himself during his early years at Nathaniel Hall’s Kingfish Hall in Boston, which featured a 90% seafood menu. It was ultimately his time at Neptune Oyster that catapulted this talented chef to star status and where he further perfected various seafood cooking techniques and recipes that he now shares with his customers at Siegel Bros. Marketplace.
“It starts with the quality of the fish. Seasonality, strict fishing guidelines, freshness, and the state of our waters all play a major role in what we sell and prepare in the market, ” says Chef Dave.
Siegel Bros. sources wild fish caught using the most sustainable methods. This approach to sustainability includes sourcing from fisheries that operate within management programs and with fisheries certified to the Marine Stewardship Council’s environmental standard for well-managed and sustainable fisheries.
This summer Siegel Bros. is presenting a series of pop-up dine-in nights filled with great seafood.
Make Your Reservation Here
In addition to this New England favorite, seafood lovers can enjoy shopping our seafood counter which is brimming over with jumbo prawns, sea scallops, local oysters, soft shell crabs, striped bass, black sea bass, tuna, mackerel, bluefish, cod and haddock, as well as swordfish and a variety of more exotic and lesser known (under-appreciated) fish such as skate and bonito. Chef Dave’s seafood culinary prowess shines throughout the prepared foods section of the marketplace. Customer favorites include; jumbo lump crab cakes made with 90% crab meat; New England clam chowder; stuffed quahogs, Rhode Island style with bacon, onion, and house made bread crumbs; jumbo shrimp Florentine with spinach, prosciutto, and ricotta; crab stuffed flounder with caper lemon sauce; and try Siegel Bros. whole fish prepared in the rotisserie!
39 S. Moger Avenue
Mount Kisco, NY 10549
- Clambakes, Quahogs, Chowda and More!
- A Progressive Bakery, Café, and Caterer Based in Old School Values
- New Bow Tie Cinemas “Ultimate” Sets the Stage for Movie Going at its Best
- Ales, Lagers, Schnitzel and Bratwurst - Village Beer Garden Takes up Residence at the Rails In the Village of Port Chester, New York
- Little Box Pizza is Pizza with a Purpose
- Shearwater Organic Coffee Roasters Introduces Baristas, Pour-Overs, Cold Brew, and Lattes in the Form of Shearwater Coffee Bar
- 100% Organic Beef and Lamb from the World’s Largest Meat Producing Countries
- Mediterranean Diet Roundtable - A Palate-Opening Program to Change America’s Appetite for the Healthier
- "British Raj", a Cultural Connection in Downtown Stamford
- Elevated Tavern Fare and Craft Cocktails Are Featured at this Warm Neighborhood Gathering Place